Friday, December 17, 2010

Denver and baby

We just spent the last week in Estes Park which is north of Denver. It was tons of fun and a great time for Mark and I to just get away and spend good time together before the baby comes. I am so thankful that we were able to take this trip. Many thanks to both of our parents for making this week possible by giving us a week of time share and transporting us back and forth to Indianapolis to the airport. I am 17 weeks pregnant. My belly is starting to grow and I think sometimes I can feel the baby move. Sometime in the next 3 weeks we will be able to have our ultrasound. We won't be finding out the sex but it will be fun to see the little munchkin and also make sure all is going well.

This week we did so much hiking in the mountains. It was amazing but I have to say that I worked my pregnant self very hard. It felt good though. Hopefully the baby agrees :-) I know my doctor will be happy since she is all about exercise while pregnant. My husband has been amazing about walking with me multiple times a week. The doctor asked me to be walking 30 min a day, 5 days a week. We have been doing pretty well and not once have I had to walk alone. He is awesome! He has been so good to me while i have been pregnant and has made it an awesome thing to experience together. The only thing I can't figure out is that he seems to think that he gets to eat for 2 as well. I hear him say things like "I am having chocolate milk because I am pregnant." haha. It makes me laugh and love him that much more. When we get the ultra sounds pictures we will make sure they are somewhere for all to see.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Mike and Kelly said...

Pregnancy is such an awesome time to share with your spouse! Mike and I got so much closer through my first pregnancy and in having a new baby. There are so many difficult and amazingly joyful things that can bring you so much closer together! Enjoy it all!

Contact Us