Tuesday, September 21, 2010

busy season...


Tomorrow Mark and I both go back to school. A year ago, I never would have thought that this is where we would be, however I am so very confident that it is where God has us. I am excited for a new adventure and to be doing it together. However, I am also very nervous. You see, right now our life if great. We have a lot of time and flexibility on our hands. Life has been fun and refreshing, but adding school to the mix seems like a lot. With only one car, 2 jobs, and 4 classes things are tight. There is no wiggle room in the schedule. And to be able to manage it all we will have to be very disciplined. It is a big change. But what I am most nervous about is my attitude. Mark is going to be much more busy than I. He will have a lot on his plate which will leave me needing to be patient, selfless and flexible. I am not good at any of those things.


Yesterday I felt God very clearly tell me, "Jenny, it is up to you to make this season of life a great one, or a terrible one". Why up to me you ask? Because Mark changes and adjusts easily. He is patient and hard working. He doesn't complain or become restless. He doesn't nag or whine. He just endures and is content and thankful through it all. Me, i am just the opposite. God is telling me that if my attitude is patient, content, peaceful, thankful, and selfless than this season will be a great opportunity to support and love Mark. But if it is the opposite it will be miserable for both of us.

The saying is true (at least in the Potter, household) "if momma/wife is happy, everyone is happy".

There are a few verses that God brought to mind that I think will help me through this season of life and every day beyond it.

Here is one of them:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippeans 4:6-7


Oh, and one more thing....I thought it would be silly and fun if we took first day of school pictures of ourselves. You know, we could put on our backpacks (do we even have backpacks?) and take pictures of us leaving for class. Fun, right? Mark said no! But maybe, just maybe you will see one on here in the next few days...if I can be sneaky..haha :-)

No comments:

Contact Us